Friday 4 January 2013

Waltzingmouse Secret Santa ....

.... I was lucky enough to join in with the Waltzingmouse Holiday Card Exchange organised and coordinated by Cathy Weber of Empty Nest Crafter.  Like me, Cathy is a fan of Waltzingmouse Stamps and she did a great job organising this for us all.

Here's my Secret Santa card.  I made this for Tara Cardwell (Craftilicious).


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Ornate Ornaments, Yonder Star, Vintage Ornaments, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Compliments of the Season, Bright Season, Seasons of Love - Tags, Very Vintage Christmas, Flourishes - Scallops & Dots
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves; Versamark; Memento - London Fog, Teal Zeal
Dies: Spellbinders - 2010 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-283) #5, 2011 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-234) #4, 2012 Heirloom Ornaments (S5-116) #4
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder; Silver Embossing Powder, Lace Ribbon from stash

I just love the Ornate Ornaments that Claire released this year and I wanted to use them all on a card - so this is a big card - 10" × 7".  I stamped each of the baubles in Versamark, embossed them with Silver powder and then cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I coloured each ornament using my Aqua pen and  Distress inks, in shades of teal and purple.  Teal is Tara's favourite colour.  I stamped several flourishes in Versamark on the card base and embossed them with clear powder, then I shaded with distress inks.  Next I randomly stamped a variety of snowflakes all over the card base.  I added some gems to the central ornament and finished off with a lace bow.

I took several photos of the card to try and capture the shine from the embossing and the depth of colour in the painting.  The main photo really shows the colour, but the small photo captures the silver shine! On the inside I stamped the lovely poem from Twas the Night Before Christmas.

The layout is based on the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch - CTS9.  I've also CASEd a card that I made two years ago for my Mum - similar colours and using ornaments too.



I received a stunning card in red and white, with a wonderful red embossed label and delicate snowflake flourishes from Marybeth Lopez - here it is:


Thanks so much Marybeth - so pleased to have one of your fabulous cards!


That's all for now - I'm off to check out all the cards in the Waltzingmouse Holiday Card Exhcnage.  See you soon.

16 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

It's beautiful Deb - but I haven't received it yet :-( I do so hope it's not lost in the mail along with some of the parcels I've still not received.

I shall put it up when it arrives even if it's after Sunday when the rest of the decorations come down.

Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah and love the different shapes of the baubles...

Anne

Mona Pendleton said...

Wowza Deb! Those ornaments look so beautiful and the background is out of this world!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - two beauties Deborah - love the pretty ornaments and lovely colors on the card you created- and what a wonderful snowy die cut Marybeth used on her wonderful red card for you!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your cards are so BEAUTIFUL and PRETTY! Such a lovely idea - I'm amazed every day at all the fun things and all the nice people there are in this blogging/cardmaking world - it feels so good!
Hope you've had a great start to the new year, hugs, Karin

Marybeth said...

Wow Deborah the card you sent out is amazing! So much detail on the card and ornaments. Beautiful soft winter colors too. Love your stamping.
Thanks for your kind words about my card , glad you liked it!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card you made Deb, lovely inking, and a great showcase of those fabulous ornaments!

Cathy Weber said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards...Marybeth outdid herself with that striking red/white card, loved the red/white ribbon and those tiny pearls as accents. Your card is equally as pretty...you have changed your previous card up so that I would not have recognized it. Love the sentiments you chose to use and how you colored in the Christmas ornaments to match that great hand stamped patterned paper you made. Wonderful job from you both!

Kim Heggins said...

Debroah, both cards are just beautiful. The card you made so much amazing detail in each ornament and your background paper really makes them pop. The card Marybeth made for you is just so beautiful too. I love red and white together and that die really made this so stunning.

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, the card you made is so dreamy! I love the soft colors and the beautiful embossing - I would treasure this one for a very long time. Your card from Marybeth is so cheery! I love the contrast of the red and white!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my Deborah. I just love the card you created with those stunning ornaments all surrounded by those beautiful snowflakes and lovely white flourishes. AMAZING.

So in looking at Marybeth's card, I'm so very impressed with her off the edge design and amazing they look so well (not bent or anything). She must have taken great care with packaging it.

Maja said...

Your card is so rich and you used gorgeous colours for the ornaments. The other card is also very beautiful and very delicate.

Joyce said...

Wow--the card you made is so gorgeous. And, the one you received is just as lovely. I am a big fan of ornaments, and I like how you placed yours. Marybeth is such a talented crafter, and I have had the extreme luckiness in meeting her twice.

Renee said...

They are both gorgeous!!
Those stunning ornaments...
love the way you added the color to each one to make it special!
And then Marybeth's red gem...
gorgeous!! :)

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah. Love the baubles.

Donna x

Charmaine Stack said...

Two amazing cards! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the background you made for your card, Deb. What an inspired use of the WMS flourish stsmps to create a swirly snowy effect! And the card you received is so bright and cheerful and jaunty. Wonderful all around. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...