Friday 13 April 2012

Cutting it fine ....

... sometimes technology doesn't like to play!!  This is a quick post and I'll amend all the details later, but I want to get this card uploaded and entered into this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC92.


Back later with full details.

Made it with a minute to spare!!!  Note to self - don't leave things so late :))

The sketch this week is really super and very versatile.  I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc132 challenge - very retro!  I started off by stamping the houndstooth pattern background (always feels very 70s to me) and then stamped some bold flowers on the panel.  I kept it simple by adding some string and sentiment.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Heirloom Patterns, Compact Sentiments; Dawn Bibby - Flower Patch; Studio G - Mixed stamps
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  String and card from stash

My container still hasn't arrived at the house, so I don't have all my inks, so I've had to adapt the colours as best I can.

I'm so pleased that I finally managed to make a card - I thought my mojo had completely deserted me!!  Kathryn has been on Spring break this week, so we've spent a lot of time together - doing some girly stuff - watching the Twilight films (which were better than I expected), and working through some homework.  That's been a shock to Kathryn, as the school in Wales didn't give homework, it's something she's going to have to get used to.

That's all for now.  Hopefully, I'll have a card to share with you tomorrow.

17 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Love your flowers and the cute leaves! Beautiful card! Your new follower!

Stamps and Paper said...

Super card Deborah lovely stamps and great colour combo

Anne

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is very pretty!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

Loving that houndstooth background, Deborah! The leaf banner is such a unique take on the sketch and SUCH a pretty one! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

So pretty , great idea to make a leaf banner. The background looks great also!

Cassandra said...

Love what you did with this WMS challenge, wish I had thought of using leaves as part of the banner as it looks so lovely. Hope American life is treating you well.

Vickie Z said...

How clever to make a leaf banner and love the houndstooth bg!!! Wow...no homework in Wales...my girls had homework from 1st grade on!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Deborah, so nice to see you here again! Love the flower panel you made. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely card Deborah! I love the bright central panel with that leaf banner against the houndstooth background. I'mm sure you've enjoyed having some girls time with your daughter. Kathryn will soon get used to her new homework schedule I'm sure.

Jackie said...

Lovely card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deborah! Ours are still off school until next Tuesday, it's been a long two weeks lol! Can't wait for some routine back and my house back!

Paula (PEP) said...

Well - considering all the upheaval I'm not suprised Mr Mojo needed to recharge his batteries. Hope Kathryn settles in quickly. Looks like you did excellently with your colour matching. Nice & brightly cheering on a very damp dull Welsh Saturday.
Paula (PEP)

Sasha said...

Super stamping, Deborah...I especially love your hounds tooth stamp:)

Anonymous said...

This card is a brilliant masterpiece! The more I look at it the more I love it! Specifically, how you used the WMS stamp as a chain on which to pin the leave and also the bright and festive background on which the leaves lay. Fantastic intepretation of the sketch!

Unknown said...

What a fun card. Love those flowers..very retro to match this weeks colors. Thanks for playing this week at the ColourQ.

Mynn xx said...

L-O-V-E that houndstooth background, Deb! This is fabulous!!! :) And I know what you mean about cutting it close...that fits me to a tee! ;)

Jenny said...

Love the leaf charm bracelet Deb....fun way to use the colours :0)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...