Thursday 19 January 2012

A splash of red ....

... I've had this card in mind ever since I saw the challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - 52CCT-3.  Mynnette and Jacqueline want us to make a Christmas card with a splash of red.


I love this funky Christmas tree stamp; it's a bit different!  I stamped it in black Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder to give a lovely sharp image.  I was going to cut it out with my rectangular die, but decided that it would look more festive in a more ornate frame - so Labels 20 it was!  While in the die I added some colour with distress ink.  I made the red mat by using the same die and cutting around the outside with my scalpel - well worth the effort.  I stamped snowflakes in black and grey onto the base card.  To complete the card, I added red gems of varying size to decorate the tree.  I think it's very glamorous!  I've taken the photo with the card at an angle so that you can see just how lovely this red card is.


Stamps:  Dimension Stamps - Funky Christmas Tree; Stampin' Up! - Serene Snowflakes
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Black Soot; Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Spellbinders:  Labels 20 (S5-026) #5
Accessories:  Craftwork greeting label; Red mirri card, red gems and card base from stash

Mum and I had a good time in town this morning.  Mum went looking for clothes but didn't end up getting anything, and I had a manicure - my nails are teal green!!!  Just love the colour.  But the colour clashed with my green handbag, it's not a problem I was simply going to switch to my black bag for a while.  However, as Mum and I left town we called into a local gift shop and found the most fabulous handbag in the sale - and it's an almost perfect match for my nails!!!  My Mum is wonderful - she got it for me.


Not only have I had good morning, but the postman arrived this afternoon with my Stampers 6 parcel from Vicky - full of new supplies - reinkers, card and a lovely new stamp.  Watch this space - it'll be making an appearance soon.  There was also a beautiful bookmark that Vicky had made for me.  It's absolutely lovely and is already in use!!  Thank you Vicky - it's fab!!!


I'm feeling totally spoilt today!!  And that's all for now.  I'll be back again tomorrow.

15 comments:

Sasha said...

Super card, Deborah! Labels 20 is my favourite Spellbinder label. I love all the bling!

That's the first time I've ever known someone buy a handbag to match their nail varnish - LOL!! Both very nice though!:)

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I really like that funky Christmas Tree stamp--I'll bet you could use it for so many things.

Tara Cardwell said...

Great card Deborah - at first I thought the tree was stamped inside the card - the DI shading gives that effect - superb!
Loving the nails - teal is my fave colour I got married in it! I can beat you on buying the handbag to match your nails though - I once bought a purple car because I happened to be wearing the same shade on the day I went car shopping ;-)
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah....the touch of red justs sets your card off....fantastic nails too

Anne

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah....the touch of red justs sets your card off....fantastic nails too

Anne

Pauline said...

Fab card Deborah, love that ornate tree stamp, and these colours are so classy teamed with that beautiful frame.

Anonymous said...

the stamp is great, and your use of it is fantastic... great card!

Jacqueline said...

A gorgeous card card Deborah perfect for our challenge at 52CCT - thanks for joining in.
Love the pic of your nails and matching handbag - would make great inspiration for a colour challenge!! - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow. STUNNING yet again!!! This is just beautiful, Deb!!! Thanks for joining us again this week at 52CCT! LOVE seeing you! :)

Jen W. said...

I think that's the most awesome Christmas tree image I've ever seen!!! Love how you've framed it and seeing more of your gorgeous inking. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Deborah! Love the rhinestones sprinkled about!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, great colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Jeanne J. said...

What a great day you had! I love your card - the Christmas tree image is so cool - Love it with the red gems and that fancy fussy cut double frame! The snowflakes are perfect - another fantastic creation - just perfect! Your nails and bag look great! You have a sweet mum - they always know the right thing to do at the right time to make us feel so special!! And then to top off your day a package and great bookmark!! Don't you wish every day could be so perfect?

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds as if you had a lovely day with your Mum. Terrific colour & I love the way your handbag matches your nails! I have a weakness for Christmas Trees too - there's just something about them. YOur red border is amazing & really allows the eye to focus on the image.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a wonderfully festive Christmas card Deborah - I love the snowflakes surrounding the funky Christmas tree! And I love the fab nail colour too - I'd have wanted the matching bag too but aren't you lucky that your mum treated you! I'm so pleased you enjoyed opening your parcel and I can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...