Sunday 18 December 2011

Gingerbread kids .....

..... all dressed up in shades of blue!  I've made another card for the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - WMSCCC10.  This is the October challenge and Lynn wanted us to make a Christmas card (or set of cards) that contained an element of food, but the catch with this one was that we couldn't use red!!!  For the layout I've used the sketch from Clean and Simple - FTL170, but I've turned it upside down!


I found a lovely snowflake vellum in my stash and layered it on some dark blue mirri card; I used some snowflake brads to attach the vellum.  I stamped three gingerbread kids on to some Crumb Cake card and cut them out.  For the boys I stamped out some waistcoats in navy and for the girl a pretty pale blue costume and shoes.  To make the ribbon I stamped one of the stripes from Nordic Winter.  Finally I added a very simple sentiment. 


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Half Baked Gingerbread Joy, Say It Loud - Winter Holiday, Nordic Winter
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy; Marvy Le Plume Pen - Blue (3)
Spellbinders:  Mega Rectangles Sm (S4-144) #2
Accessories:  Vellum by Dawn Bibby;  Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake card; Brads, mirri card and card from stash

I'm sorry the photo is so bad, but the light here isn't good and it's the best I can get at the moment.  If the light improves later I'll take another photo and replace this one!



Edited:  I decided not to replace the original photo, but to add one taken this morning (19th December) in daylight.  I think you can see the colour better, you can certainly see the detail on the gingerbread kids' clothes so much better. 

It's been really busy today.  I was out at the airport again this morning, this time collecting Ben.  I set off early, but the weather was really nice and we made good time; we were early enough to have time for a coffee and cake!!!  It's really nice to have Ben home with us for Christmas and the New Year.  Actually, it's really lovely to have all my family here.

That's all for now - I'll be back again tomorrow - I've a few more Christmas cards to share with you.  Take care.

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Good you're home safely after all that travelling. Great fun with those gingerbread men & how you've interpreted the sketch.
Paula (PEP)

Sasha said...

Super card, Deborah! Pleased to hear that you all got home safely:)

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas! With a happy and healthy New Year to follow! xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Doesn't it look different - the dimension shows so much better.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...