Wednesday 11 May 2011

CAS-ual Fridays ....

.... I heard about a new challenge and thought I was too late for this week's challenge.  However, when I logged on to CAS-ual Friday this morning, I found that the deadline for entering is later today.  So I decided to have a go.  The first challenge they have set for us is to:

Use stamps, texty pattern paper, a page torn from your phone book, 
or create your own..get creative!
*we are looking for text, not just a simple sentiment*
Just incorporate text prominently into your newly created CAS project,

I 've made my card, but re-reading the above, I'm not sure it quite fits the brief!  However, I'm going to enter it anyway.  I decided that I wanted to make a Christmas card (still working on this year's collection) and I thought I'd make my trees with text inside them!  I used Waltzingmouse Text-It stamps.  I selected three different fonts used Versamark and clear embossing powder.  Then I used the nested pennants to cut out three trees - and I coloured each tree with distress ink.  The card base I used was already embossed with some snowflakes, so I distressed the card a little with tumbled glass, attached the three trees and added a few more random snowflakes.  Finally, I added a sentiment - at a jaunty angle!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Text-It, Compliments of the Season
Inks:  Versamark; Distress - Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  Nested Lacey Pennants (S5-029) dies # 1 & 2; Nested Pennants (S5-028) die # 2
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder; Card from stash

Actually, this is not quite as clean and simple as I'd imagined it to be!!  However, I will enter it into the challenge, but I may well have another go at it tomorrow - without so much distressing in the background! :)


Detail - to show the text in the trees - different fonts and going in different directions!!

That's all for now.

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is a WONDERFUL Christmas card!!!! Love it. I'll have to go check out that challenge too! I'd never heard of it.
LYnn

Tara Cardwell said...

Inspired use of the pennants to make trees - love the text in them too which totally fits the theme.
Tara
x

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, I was JUST going to email you and say it wasn't too late! LOL! LOVE the trees made from pennants! CLEVER and super CUTE! Perfect for the challenge! Christmas? Really???! So soon?!

Lana said...

Love your trees! Clever idea to make trees of the pennants!)))

Lana

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So, so pretty! Love those texty penant/trees and that beautiful snowflake embossing! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the text on the Christmas trees! Your background is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! So glad that you join on the fun!

Laura Davis said...

Very soft and pretty!
Thanks for playing CAS!
Laura

Vicky Hayes said...

Very clever to use the flags Deborah. Love it!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love your use of the pennants & the text going in different directions is a lovely idea. CAS is definitely your forte.
Paula (PEP)

Karen B. said...

This surely fits the bill! Love how you've created different patterns and angles for the trees with text, very clever! And you have a beautiful card as a result. Thanks for choosing to play at CAS-Fridays!

Crafty Cat said...

It's a bit soon for me to be already thinking of making christmas cards. yours is just great. I like your colours!

Laurie said...

I just love those trees! What a fun wintery card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Aileen said...

Love your trees, Deborah. I'm sure you could do a few variations on this theme. x

Stella said...

I really love the distressed look and the trees are gorgeous. Not really a "simple" card to create but definitely stunning!
Enjoy your evening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...