Saturday 15 January 2011

Zingy colours ....

.... this week Colour Q - cQc67,  has a great colour challenge - really bright, vibrant colours!!  I was delighted and excited, and then I was stumped!!  I couldn't come up with anything! 



And this card is not what you'd expect with such fruity colours!!  A football card -  I don't suppose this features on too many cards in this challenge!  Actually, it's an image that I stamped last year for the School Fair but it didn't end up getting to a card.  However, it gave me an idea as it was already half way to the colours above - all I had to do was add pink and green!!  Easy.  Actually, no!  I decided to keep it really simple and just added a faux stitched border in pink and green, and a greeting in green.  And I'm actually rather pleased how it turned out.  No flowers or butterflies - which is what I'd originally thought of, but football.  Strange how things turn out.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Off Beat Backgrounds;  I don't know who made the football lad
Inks:  Memento - Pear Tart, Rose Bud; Sakura Glaze pens - orange, blue
Spellbinders:  Curved Rectangles (S5-006)

It's been a busy day - I had hoped to post these much earlier, but I got here evenutally.  The weather today has been and continues to be absolutely awful - it's grey, wet and really, really windy.  So it's nice that we've all been able to stay tucked up in the warm. 

Kathryn has one of her friends over for a sleepover tonight.  Why's it called a sleepover?  The kids never get to sleep until really late and then they're up with the dawn!!  Still they're enjoying playing on the PC and we're going to have a "picnic" tea of pizza!! 

That's all for now.  Don't forget to come by tomorrow for my CR84FN post.

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Wonderful!!! LOVE that "stitching"! Very cute. Great football card!
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card, you have got all the colours in there with out being over the top, and i like the stitching.
Kevin xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective - I have to work with the flow, just start & it takes on a life all of itself whatever I'm making. I've given up planning a project. I think this is such a striking idea with the background edges & I've seen you use the WMS several times so effectively it's helping me look at stamps a bit differently.
Thoroughly miserable further south too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, love the fab footie card. Love the team strip colours and your great stitching. Hope the sleepover goes well.

Donna x

Sylvia said...

How fun, Deborah! Love all the colorfun faux stitching!thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun, Deborah! I adore all that messy stitching! What a super take on this week's ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...