Monday 31 January 2011

WMS January CASE competition ...

... earlier this month Waltzingmouse Stamps hosted a wonderful waltz around the Design Team's blogs - they were showcasing Spellbinders new Grand Calibur die cutting machine.  They were all very lucky girls to be given the machine to try out (only a little bit of envy here) ;)  They showed us some wonderful projects; these are seriously talented ladies.  Now I know the waltz is over, but it's still worth checking out their projects - you start from here.

Following this party, there is a special challenge over at WMS - they want us to CASE ("means Copy and Share with Everyone... in other words, be inspired by someone's card/project and make your own in similar style... put your own twist on it... and acknowledge from whom the inspiration came") one of the projects from the party waltz.

I've been a bit late coming to this challenge - it took a while to decide whose project to CASE.  I finally settled on this card by Belinda - I love the simplicity of design and beautiful colours. 



For my card I've gone for a bright yellow base onto which I've stamped a lattice of white embossed flowers.  I used Spellbinders Labels 13 to cut out my aperture.  As the card is so bright I decided to make a pretty butterfly using Claire's lovely Earth Angels set.  I stamped the wings in dark purple and coloured the image with Promarkers.  I ran some silver thread up the back of the butterfly and attached it at a jaunty angle!!  Finally, I made the greeting using the fancy tags set and tinted it with distress inks.  A bright and cheerful Spring card!





Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Earth Angel Stamp Set, Pic-Nic Patterns
Inks:  Memento - Grape Jelly; Distress - Mustard Seed, Milled Lavender; Versafine - Onyx Black
Promarkers:  Orchid
Spellbinders:  Labels 13 (S4-248) die #6, Fancy Tags (S4-235)
Accessories:  Glamour dust, card and paper from my stash

I had a really enjoyable day yesterday.  First we had fun and games on the Playstation with a pop music quiz.  Sadly I was shown up first by my daughter and then by my husband.  I admit it, I'm rubbish as this sort of quiz - but give me a science quiz - then I'm a whiz!!!  Second, I spent the afternoon playing in my craft room - and I produced the card above.

Today I'm off to craft class - so hopefully, I'll have a card or two to show you later.

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Deborah! LOve the yellow and lilac, so springlike.

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is awesome Deborah!! Great job!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card well cased :)
Jackie xx

Helen L said...

I love the white embossed flower background and the lovely butterfly: so pretty! TFS!
I see that you use the Promarkers: I've been interested in them as compared to the Copics. Have you used both, and what are the advantages of the Promarkers? I haven't been very happy with how easily the Copics bleed past the areas that I have colored in, and how they tend to make my stamped images (the black ink: I do use Memento when I color with Copics) bleed. Any info from you would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you!!!!

Stella said...

Your card is stunning; and you did a terrific job casing it. I love the combo of yellow and lilac; beautiful!

Alice said...

very pretty card, Deborah! love the colors you used!!

Vicky Hayes said...

You sound as if you had a fun day! The card is lovely as usual - love the ornate aperture and the embossed lattice background.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Deb. Love your ornate butterfly and how well it looks within your frame. Your fancy tag is a stunning addition and really draws attention to your sentiment. Lovely!

Julia Aston said...

Nice case Deborah! love the butterfly and the bright yellow!

B said...

This is so sweet! Love the butterfly and the yellow! Love the use of the fancy tag as well!

Clare said...

LOVE this, that yellow is so cheery, the lilac butterfly is perfect!! super card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the colours & how you've attached the butterfly in the aperture. Interesting CASing too.
Paula (PEP)

Inkyfingers said...

Such a pretty card Deb. I love your sparkly butterfly and the flower background. I'm hopeless at pop quizzes too!

Jen Adcock said...

The wonderful day you had totally translates into your card. I can see the joy. Or was it inspired by the trouncing you received on the Playstation? LOL You sure did show them with this beaitiful card. I adore the butterfly and the nifty aperture. What a stunner of a card. So inspiring.

LaurieJ said...

Wow, beautiful butterfly! I love the sparkle that you added to its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...