Wednesday 19 January 2011

Teen grunge ...

... I think that's what I'd probably call this card.  I've made it for two challenges; the first is from One Stop Craft Challenge who want us to make a card for a male, and the second is the sketch challenge from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  It's quite a fun sketch this week.


I've gone for a mixture of greens and blues from a co-ordinating paper pad.  I added some faux stitching (still not got my sewing machine out of its cover) and added a simple greeting.  It's the sort of card I'd send to my teenage son - not too fussy, but shows I care!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Off Beat Backgrounds;  See D's - You're the Star;
Inks:  Memento - Paris Dusk, Cottage Ivy
Paper:  Papermania - Inspirations Cool Tones

It's taken me a while to get here today, been busy doing house stuff!!  And this evening I went through some of my Scout Leader training modules - which have now been validated - so well on my way to earning my Wood Beads!!  And that's all for now, I'll be back again tomorrow.  I've got a couple of challenges to do and hopefully make the deadline!

12 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I think this turned out wonderful! I had such a fun time with this sketch, I think I'll be using it again! I love all the shades in your card, and your faux stitches look great - I am like you, I haven't bothered to haul out my machine yet!

Jen W. said...

What a perfect boy card! Cool without trying too hard. :)
I'm enjoying checking out your blog and also all your fun links. Glad I found you!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Wonderful Card! I have this stamp set; however, I have used the skateboarder only. You've inspired me to pull it out again and rethink the possibilities. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the new found inspiration.

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the faux stitching & the title just really says exactly - grunge. I like the way you've placed that "graffiti" stamp with the line on one panel & across the lines on the other - very effective like that & interesting for the eye to work out if it's the same emblem or not (well it is to my eye!!).
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

This is great for a boy, and your stitching looks real!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great take on the sketch Deb! Perfect teen card!

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, great colours :o)
Jackie xx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is perfect for a teen with the colors and patterns.

Stella said...

A great taken on the challenges and I love these shades of green. Very modern and masculine; perfect!

Julia Aston said...

A great guy card both with colors and stamps used - love the stitching stamps and the skateboarder - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch Deborah!

Clare said...

great card, love the stitching!! thanks for playing along this week at the WMSC! : )

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this card - the colours are great and the faux stitching is just so real! Beautifully done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...