Friday 14 January 2011

Sunny day ....

.... and challenges.  It might be a bit cold here today, but the sun is shining and the sky is blue - such a cheery day, so I decided that my card would reflect that feeling.  This card is for two challenges, a sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenges and a recipe from Cooking it Up with Katie.  The recipe from Katie is "make it for someone you love, use any form of embossing and add a little pink" and here's the sketch: 



I've pretty much kept to the sketch layout as shown (it's a very useful sketch, this one).  With regard to the recipe - yes, I think I've stuck to that too.  It's not a Valentine card, but it is for someone I love - one of my closest friends - I don't see her often enough, but I think she's great.  The image is from Pink Petticoat (a source of lovely digi-images).  I've coloured it with Promarkers and added shading with my distress inks.  I've opted for dry embossing this time and used a pretty flower border from Provocraft, which I've lightly coloured with distress ink.  The backing papers were free from Creative Cardmaking and I found them when I had my clean up last week!!



Image:  Pink Petticoat
Promarkers: Various (forgot to write down names!)
Inks: Distress - Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass
Spellbinders:  Labels 8 (S5-019) die #4
Papers:  "Let them eat Cake" collection - Creative Cardmaking

I'm really pleased how well this turned out - it really is a bright, cheerful card and I think I'll pop it in the post to my friend when I go to collect Kathryn from school.  On the subject of Kathryn, she is really beginning to get into crafting.  I gave her a pack of goodies (from one of the magazines) and she's already made a couple of cards.  This morning we discussed the idea of her having her own blog!!!  We've had a serious discussion about internet safety, and I think I'm going to be creating a new blog for her this weekend - watch this space!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything else today.  It's our first Scout meeting of the term tonight.  We have a great evening planned and hopefully I will send them all home absolutely shattered :)

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

A wonderful, cheerful card! Love that little tree and the layout is great. Super card!
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

I should think your friend will be thrilled to receive this with its lovely bright and cheerful colours. I love the way you just happen to find things in your craft room! I really must have a tidy up and see if I can come with any nice new stamp sets or something! I'm really pleased for Kathryn - she'll have a whale of a time doing something very constructive.

Doreen said...

What a lovely card love the image.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Carola Bartz said...

Such a happy card! Everybody who sees it certainly has a smile on her/his face! I love the heart-tree.

G Peplow said...

Pretty card, lots of fun:0)
Thanks for your good wishes, 'see' you soon:0) xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

Yes, you are right - this is a cheerful card. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it!

Pauline said...

Love the colourful tree and backing papers.

Stella said...

I love the way you've colored this digi image; it's beautiful. I keep looking at it... your card turned out so bright and happy; your friend will love it.
Have a wonderful evening with your Scouting group; we had loads of rain here today......

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, this is a stunning creation. Love the gorgeous image and your wonderful colouring. Perfect ink work as always. Love it! Kathryn will enjoy having her own blog, kids are so tech minded aren't they? Looking forward to following her.

Donna x

Beverley said...

Very cute card...love the colours and embellies...thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments.

stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Alice said...

so cute and delightful. lovely card!

Paula (PEP) said...

I thought it would just be a matter of time before there was another blog..... Love the tree image - such fun with the lovely shaded background.
Hope the Scouts went well & have a good weekend. We will have rain according to the weather men..... but the shoppping's done so I think playing with pencils after the computer practice...........
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Julia Aston said...

Your card is like a touch of springtime in winter Deborah! It's all so cheerful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, I love the happy colors, I happened to used a tree on my card for this challenge too : )

Suzie McFloozy said...

A beautiful and cheery card - I love this digi I have this set too x
Thanks for joining in with us at cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...