Friday 21 January 2011

OLW37 - words ...

.... are often secondary when we make cards, just a simple greeting.  This week over at Simplicity, Susan has challenged us to make a one layer card using only SENTIMENTS.  No pictures or images are allowed, but glitter, gems and ribbons is okay.  You can be as creative as you like with the card - and there are already some fabulous cards linked - so it is well worth a visit.

I know that I have lots of sentiment stamps - some that have barely seen ink.  So this challenge serves two purposes - it stretches my crativity (to the limit) and allows me to use some of my old stamps (this year's resolution).  I've got two cards to show you this morning (and may have more later this week).  Both cards are really simple.



Stamps:  Stampendous - Mega Thanks
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Lipstick Red, Orange, Yellow, Bright Green, Trule Blue, Purple



Stamps: PSX - K3227 (107)  Collage
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Pastel

The first was stamped and coloured - I went for a bright rainbow look.  The second card might not quite fit the challenge - there are lots of words in the collage, but there are a few tiny images too!  This was super quick and easy - and very pretty using the multicoloured pad.

I've got to finish my preparations for this evening's Scout meeting.  We're doing a bit of Scout History - there will also be games and a quiz.  Should be fun!!  If  I don't get back again later, I'll see you all tomorrow.

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Two lovely bright cards, just right for a pick me up on a miserable grey cold day here, roll on Spring!

Jen W. said...

These are both gorgeous and I especially like the thanks card as I've beenon a rainbow kick lately!

Jennifer Styles said...

Ah, lovely, so bright and cheerful!

Great cards :)

Buffy said...

Beautiful cards, I love the pastel rainbow effect

Stella said...

They are both gorgeous but I love love love the second one...such a beauty!

Susan said...

Both cards are so bright and cheerful! Love them! The second card stamped with the mixed colors is really cool!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are pretty Deb! Love the rainbow of colors :)

Paula (PEP) said...

these are both inventive - like the way you think outside the box, the first I think has to be my favourite Hope the Scout Meeeting goes well, sounds thoroughly interesting.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

joanne wardle said...

well I really like them both!

Vicky Hayes said...

Both very different and both gorgeous. The second is my favourite - there's a misty quality to it that I love.

Carol said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful. Love the colorfulness, yet still elegant and classy! You nailed this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...