Friday 21 January 2011

OLW37 - more words ...

... I've managed to make another quick one for this week's challenge over at Simplicity.  Susan wants us to make cards using only sentiments - no embellisments, well maybe a little glitter, gems or ribbon.


Stamps:  Inkadinkado - Friendly Advice
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Bahama Blue

This one was very easy - I have a super set of stamps featuring quote from children.  I remember when I saw the set that I thought it was just lovely, but sadly it's not really been used.  I think I'm going to make a few more cards for this challenge using other stamps form the set.  But it's grey and dull, and sometimes that can make you feel a bit low.  So this quote was appropriate.  I notice now that it's been scanned - that I got a bit of black ink onf the colour bit - darn!!  I also think I need slightly stronger colours!

Just got back from Scouts - we had a fun evening!  And next week the Scouts are cooking my tea!

13 comments:

Susan said...

I love that stamp set, but haven't been able to find it. Adorable card! (and I just love that quote!!)

Jennifer Styles said...

Cute card, I love that series of stamps!

Joanne Leddy said...

This is just grand! I love it!

Jen W. said...

That stamp is so cute and perfect for this challenge! Great card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Would love to know what you end up eating next week. This is a really interesting concept - I'd not noticed the black until you said, in fact it looks like it should be part of the design.Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Ruby said...

I love that stamp, it's so funny! Love what you've done with it. I find CAS really quite a challenge! A belated thank you for your comment on the Denami Blog Hop too, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

Mawgan said...

Hi debs! I like it. Its very funny, i wish i could have that stamp. It will make some of the boys laugh at school.

Geri said...

I love this little sentiment, Deborah! I have 3 young ones--so this just makes me smile!! The colors you've used make it even sweeter. I have the "many thanks" set on your previous post post, too--it's a great set!! I need to pull that one back out! Wanted to thank you for visiting and commenting on my pin cushion! I really do appreciate it!!

joanne wardle said...

I have these quotes, aren't they fab. love the card

Vicky Hayes said...

Very cool card - and that sentiment is very true!

Rosanne said...

Terrific card!

Emily Keaton said...

This is lovely! A great use of a sentiment, and that quote is awesome. :)

Carol said...

Oh, I really, REALLY like how you stamped this sentiment! The blue, the color....how very sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...