Saturday 15 January 2011

OLW36 - part 2 ...

... after a bit of a struggle with the two colour challenges that I posted earlier, I've been busy in my craft roomn working on this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, which is being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink.  The challenge is to use a bare tree - no leaves, blossoms, anything like that.  When the challenge was posted on Wednesday, I made a card almost immediately.  And this one has been simmering away since then!!


It is about as clean and simple as it comes.  The tree images were inked up in rich cocoa stamped, and then quickly stamped again and again - to create some depth.  And I think the verse is just beautiful - a sympathy card for my stash.

Stamps: Creative Expressions - Trees; Waltzingmouse - Words of Wisdom
Inks: Memento - Rich Cocoa
Card: Linen effect card from my stash

6 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That shadow stamping (?) is really effective - the cocoa softens the whole rather than using black & I love the different sizes of the tree. Just very effective & suitable.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Michellem said...

I really love the stark simplicity of this card!

Susan said...

Very creative stamping twice to get the shadow. WHat a perfect sympathy card...hope you don't really need to send it out.

Jennifer Styles said...

Oh, I just love this!

Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW36!

Buffy said...

A beautiful card, I absolutely adore it. The sentiment.....moving

Chrissie said...

This is another fabulous card Deborah! I'm looking forward to you joining us on "Less is More".
Chrissie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...