Wednesday 5 January 2011

OLW35 and Colour Q ...

... I think this card fulfills the requirements for both challenges.  Susan at Simplicity is hosting this week's OLW challenge; she has one simple requirement - use the colour YELLOW.  You can use other colours too, but they have to be kept to a minimum.  We can add embellishments - but again minimal embellishments.  I have only recently found the Colour Q challenge; they provide a lovely mood board for their challenge.  I think the colours refer to Stampin' Up! colours - I don't have much card/ink from SU, so I've improvised a bit.  I think my card just about fits the bill.



The thing with yellow is that it shouts SPRING to me!!  And as it's quite a dull, grey day here in North Wales, I thought a bright daffodil would be perfect!  The image has been stamped with versafine and embossed with detail clear, making a perfect image to colour.  I've used promarkers - pastel blue (soft sky), gold (daffodil delight) and ivory (so saffron) - that's the closest I could get to the SU colours!  The image was produced by Docrafts (Papermania) a few years ago as a special edition stamp.  I think it sold for about £5.00 and £1.00 of this went to Marie Curie Cancer Research - daffodils are their emblem.  It's not been out of the box for a while, so it's nice to use it for this lovely Spring card.



Stamps:  Papermania - Marie Curie Daffodil Stamp; Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets
Inks:  Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Promarkers: Ivory, Soft Lime, Lemon, Yellow, Gold, Pastel Blue

I think that's all for today.  I've been able to squeeze this challenge inbetween all the household duties, but I'd better finish them off.  See you again tomorrow.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, lovely and bright :o)
Jackie

Paula (PEP) said...

This was one of my first stamp purchases - must give it a go again as I couldn't stamp a clear image with it then. I do like your CAS one layer style here & that subtle contrast with the hint of blue.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Deborah! I love your beautiful spring flowers! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Terrific image. Perfect for both the yellow/one layer and color challenges.

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous! Love that image and your coloring!

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, pretty stamp and a lovely sentiment, I like to use old stamps too, it's good value for money:0) xxx

Karen said...

The different shades of yellow are so pretty on this card!

Donelda said...

hey, I hadn't thought that these 2 challenges work together! great job on both!!

Susan said...

What a great card! I love that stamp!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh Deborah! What a perfect stamp for this challenge! Wales sounds like Ohio right now...gray. Bleck. Your card cheers me right up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...