Friday 28 January 2011

Old friends ....

... are precious, and sometimes I don't keep in touch as much as I should.  So I decided to make a card for a friend of mine whom I haven't seen for several years.  We do phone from time to time, but everyday stuff sometimes stops us meeting.  The challenges used to make this card are this week's colours from Colour Q and the sketch from the current Clean and Simple Sunday Challenge over at Stamping with Brenda.


 












I've flipped the sketch onto its side for my card and taken just a tiny bit of a liberty with the placment of the sentiment.  It just worked better to the right of the image!  The Colour Q inspiration uses Stampin' Up! colours, and I've matched them to the best of my ability. 

I've kept the card really clean and simple, focusing on the image and the greeting (which in real-life is a bit brighter than on the picture).  It's a digi-image from Pink Petticoat and is coloured with a mixture of promarkers and memento inks.  I've distress the beaded oval a little, as stark white was too harsh.  And that's it!  Really simple!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Sewing Box - Hugs; Pink Petticoat - Hearttree
Inks:  Memento - Lilac Posies (Rich Razzleberry); Distress - Fired Brick (Cajun Craze); Brilliance - Moonlight White
Promarkers:  Pumpkin (Peach Parfait), Burnt Orange (Cajun Craze), Sandstone (Kraft),Lush Green, Forest Green, Walnut
Spellbinders:  Beaded Ovals (S4-294) die #4
Accessories:  Ribbons from stash

It's been a busy morning preparing for Scouts tonight, but I finished a bit quicker than expected and I was able to spend an hour in my craft room - hence this card!!  Really pleased how it's turned out and I'll get it in the post tomorrow.  That's it for now - I should be back later.


10 comments:

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, CAS yet colourful :o)
Jackie xx

Ali Watson said...

Fabby card and I@m so pleased you left me a comment so i could visit you as I've found a new CASS challenge too. I used to drive through the little village where you are. the family used to holiday at PResthaven Sands in Prestatyn and I always went to Abakhan Fabrics on the way home. Is the big ship still docked?

Have a lovely weekend

Ali x

Julia Aston said...

A pretty, cheerful card for your friend Deborah! I'm sure she'll appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Mona Pendleton said...

WoW Deb! You really did an amazing job! Your card is darling ~ love the way you stenciled the die cut! I am sure your friend will treasure this beauty!

Stella said...

CAS but also elegant. Your card is gorgeous; I love it!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the layered ribbons onto the kraft - such glorious colours. I really like the image too & it works so well with those inked beads, a lovely touch.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Great card, those colours work so well together!

Anonymous said...

adorable with a capital A! love those colors and the kraft.

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah! thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...