Saturday 29 January 2011

Get well ...

.... soon - that's the sentiment on this card.  I've made a card for this week's Clean & Simple - FTL125 challenge.  I really like this sketch and think it's going to very useful.  And I know I'm going to make a couple more cards for this challenge.



Now, I have taken a bit of a liberty with the sketch and turned it on its side.  My card was really quick to make and I cheated a bit too!  For the backing I have used a paint sample strip in shades of deep blue onto which I have mounted a paper-pieced flower - an aquilegia.  Finally, I added a very simple greeting - feel better soon!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Frame-It; Aquilegia - borrowed this stamp from a friend
Accessories:  Paint strip, card from stash

That's all for this evening.  But don't forget to pop by tomorrow for the start of this week's CR84FN challenge - do join us!  See you later.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Paula (PEP) said...

That's a brilliant bit of recycling. The flower is so pretty against the blues & the pink just lifts it.
Paula (PEP)

Alice said...

love that you used the paint sample. so clever! very pretty card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

what a great idea to use a paint swatch as the strips and have a flower over them.

Stella said...

CAS and such a clever idea to recycle this paint strip :) The flower is gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

The paint swatch makes a great background and your flower contrasts beautifully with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...