Monday 17 January 2011

Flowerfly .....

....  I've only been able to spend an hour in my craft room today, but then I was at craft class this morning :)  It was a really fun morning - one my friends was given a Grand Calibur for Christmas, she brought it with her.  Super machine and the large nesties are huge!!!  I think I know what I want for my birthday this year :))

And I spent quite some time this afternoon visiting the Waltzingmouse January Blog Hop - check it out - such a fun way to spend the afternoon.  You need to join the forum - but you can get full details here.

Anyway, when I did eventually get into my craft room I was able to make a card for this week's Flutter by Wednesday challenge - as usual we must feature a butterfly, angel or fairy, but this week we also have a sketch to use - designed by Carly.



One of my "resolutions" for this year is to use stamps that I've had for a while, but haven't seen much ink lately!  So my card features the Stampendous Flowerfly!  Such a pretty stamp, and I don't know why I don't get it out more often.  I stamped it using Versamark and heat embossed with detail silver.  I coloured it using my Sakura Stardust pens - it has such a lovely shimmer, and I made antenna with wire.  The whole lot was attached to the card with dimensionals.  The backing papers are by Craftwork Cards and were free with one of my magazines - this is a super set of papers.  I used my Spellbinders dies to cut out a couple of mounts - I ran a green promarker around the edge of the bottom layer and used vellum for the top layer.  I stamped a couple of small butterflies and added two more that came from the Craftwork set.  These were coloured with Stardust pens and chalks.  Finally, I added a greeting - Big Hugs!  I think this is a really sweet card.



Stamps:  Stampendous - Flowerfly;  Waltzingmouse - Sweethearts; Stampin' Up! - Flight of the Butterfly
Inks:  Versamark
Spellbinders:  Big Scalloped Ovals Lg (S4-251) dies # 4 and 5
Pens:  Sakura Stardust; Promarker - Bright Green
Papers:  Craftwork Cards - free from magazine

I think that's likely to be all for tonight.  I'm off to read a story to Kathryn.  She's been very excited today - she posted her Valentine card to the Waltzingmouse Waltz - and she had so many lovely comments.  Thanks to all of you who dropped by.  Kathryn's only going to be doing cards occasionally, but it made her day!!

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Very pretty, love the butterfly.

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, love the pretty butterflies and fab LO.

Donna x

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful Butterfly.......lovely card Deborah!

Norma said...

Hi Deborah, OMG that butterfly is just GORGEOUS!!! I love it! what is a Grand Calibur? I've never heard of it before!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Very pretty - I love the shimmer on the central butterfly.

Paula (PEP) said...

Striking stamp with lovely shaping that really makes this card pretty. I like that spotty ribbon & the way the colours all co-ordinate. Sorry to be late commenting...... catching up.....need more hours in the day & hope you managed to get some studying done.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...