Tuesday 18 January 2011

Combined challenges ...

.... I've made this card for my friend Annette - it was her birthday on 16th January - and I missed it!!  How could I possibly miss her birthday?  Well, I did, so it's time for a belated card.  And it just so happens that I've used the themes from two challenges to make this card.  The first challenge is from Crafty Cardmakers and is to use a die and the colour red, the second is the Splitcoaststamper Clean and Simple Challenge - where the inspiration is a great card by Cindy.

I've taken the layout of Cindy's card and turned it on its side.  This is one of the quickest and easiest cards I've made, but I really like it.  Using my trusty Waltzingmouse stamps - I stamped one of the frames from Very Vintage Labels No 10 - one with lots of pretty flourishes - in Versamark.  I added plain red embossing powder and heated - voila - a beautiful red frame.  I then cut this out using Spellbinders Labels 10.  The greeting is plain and simple and comes from Waltzingmouse (of course) - Fancy Phrases.  I added a satin ribbon, tied a big bow and added two small black pearls.  Job done!!  Really pleased with this card.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Fancy Phrases, Very Vintage Labels No 10
Spellbinders:  Labels 10 (S5-0220 die # 3
Inks: Versamark
Accessories:  Red embossing powder, red satin ribbon and black pearl gems

I'm going to be spoilt this morning, but will be back later today. 

11 comments:

Norma said...

Love it Deborah!! Simply but elegant looking:) Thanks for sharing it with us!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful clean and simple- LOVE that red!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the splash of red against the clean, white card stock and the label is ornate enough to take the starring role.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the clean and simple card - yet it's just lovely.
Lynn

Meredith MacRitchie said...

It's simple, but it's so pretty! I love the way you embossed that Labels 10 - Claire's images always look so beautiful that way! :)

Stella said...

Less is definitely more. I love the simplicity of this card but it's also very very elegant. It's amazing to see what you made with only a few pieces. Perfect choice of materials and stamps... Gorgeous!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the touch of black against the red & white - quite stunning. Thanks for your comment on my old owl! Been tackling the paperwork which seems to conspire to grow as soon as you think "I'll do that later......"
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

A nice simple card, love the silky bow, and the frame is lovely by itself.

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty CAS Deb! Love the big red bow!

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card! LOVE the pop of red!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Sweet and simple birthday card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...