Monday 3 January 2011

Challenge cards ...

.. I finally made some today.  I had planned on getting into my craft room first thing this morning, but after looking at my daughter's bedroom I decided that she really needed my help to get it sorted out.  There was so much mess on the floor that she didn't know where to start!!  To be fair neither did I!  However, we finished it between us, and the place looks lovely now - a bedroom fit for a princess!!!

So I got to sit down this evening and had a play.  I decided that I'd have a go at the last challenge posted on Cooking It Up With Katie - the recipe this time being to use a favourite technique, and include some ribbon and brads.  Now most of you know that I love stamping - so of course that's the technique I opted to use. 

I stamped the image in versamark and embossed it with gold detail powder.  I coloured the image using pearlescent chalks - in real-life they have a lovely shimmer, but it doesn't really show up much in the photo!!  I used the beaded ovals from Spellbinders to make a matte, which I coloured with Tattered Rose Distress ink.  I threaded a pale green ribbon through the holes.  I thought the greeting was just right for the card, but I can't remember which company it's from.   I inked the edge of the card with Bundled Sage Distress ink. Finally I added some brads - but they looked awful, so I cheated a bit and added some pastel green gems!!



Stamps:  Aqualegia - borrowed from a friend; Greeting from set (don't know company)
Spellbinders:  Beaded ovals
Inks:  Distress - Bundled Sage, Tattered Rose
Accessories:  Ribbon and gems from stash

I'd like to take this opportunity to say Hi to Julie and Sam - the latest folk to join my band of followers.  Welcome!!

And that's all for this evening, it's been a long day, but I was pleased to get into my craft room - eventually!!!  Please drop by again - I have more to show you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, love this gorgeous card. Lovely image and beautifully coloured. Your blog looks great btw.

Donna x

Clare said...

Such a pretty card, Aquilegias are one of my favourite flowers!! Congrats on your new DT position at CR84FN with Mona!! that'll be fun!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

Susan Hogan said...

I like your new blog look. Congrats on getting a DT position - well deserved, I'd say. Your card is so pretty and I lust after that spellbinders.

Paula (PEP) said...

This is very interesting - amazing how the Spellbinders looks with the threaded ribbon. Well done with getting your daughter's room sosrted - not sure I'd have known how to tackle that at all.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Karen said...

Love your card Deborah, thanks for stopping by my log. I can relate to your daughters bedroom.lol My daughter is the same.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Joan B said...

this is so soft and pretty. those flowers go perfectly with that oval border.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

That die cut border goes so well with your flower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...